CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 05, 2007

An Eeyore kind of day...ho hum and kinda gloomy

No, not the weather, more like me....

Okay…..so I’ve been away for a while, well not really I’ve been checking out the blogs I follow almost every day…it’s just that I have no news….fingerprints are still nowhere to be found….I’ve been waiting for them for over 4 months and I’m beginning to fell they got lost…although I’m not entirely sure how as they were taken electronically and emailed directly to the RCMP (the company who does it in my city offers this service at no extra charge)….I did it this was explicitly so they wouldn’t get lost….but now I’m really concerned. I’m going to have to see if they can be tracked down next week…all my other docs are expiring and I’m still waiting for the blasted fingerprints!!!!!!!!

I’m feeling really discouraged about this process right now…I feel like as much work as I put into it I am worried at the end I will be told there is no child for me……

8 comments:

Leslie & Shaune said...

oh no. i didn't know you were still waiting on finger prints. email me if you get a sec ( llightfoot@frontierwireless.ca )

our fingerprints were mailed in and they were back very quickly (i forget how long, i think you can see in our time line on our blog... and that included us forgetting to send in the $ so we had to remail).
what is your agency saying about this? can't you get your prints redone? they should of offered that to you (RCMP) for free by now. 4 months is a crazy amt of time to be waiting.

leslie (from belleville)

Carissa said...

There is still a child! But it may require another set of fingerprints! Hang in there, while it may not feel like it now, it will work out!

Ange said...

I I have the phone number & name of the person that takes care of the fingerprints for adoption at RCMP

E-mail me at angeandgavin@rogers.com

We had a mix up with our prints, after talking with this individual it was sorted out in a matter of days, & our fingerprints were in hand.

good luck

Calico Sky said...

Oh I hope it is all sorted out. I was told mine would take 120 days, don't know if that's is realistic.
I am so sorry.

Adoption is so stressful, I think it has taken years off my life...!

Mrs.B said...

I would say four months is waaaay to long for fingerprints, I would be investigating ASAP. No sense worrying yourself. Please don't be discouraged, as joyful as the adoption experience can be it can also be very trying at times. Don't give up...of course there is a baby out there for you silly! a special child JUST for you!

Calico Sky said...

Just checking in to see if you are OK!

(((BIG HUGS)))

Leslie & Shaune said...

did you get this sorted out. hope all is well. update us when you can :)

Ange said...

I hope things have been moving forward for you. Enjoy the holiday season!