CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ten Childhood Memories…..

Ten Childhood Memories…..as tagged by Kate


1. Thinking my 4 year old kindergarten French teacher was a monster…And when she’d talk to me, I’d yell “Monster! Monster! Monster!!!! “ (Who’d a thunk I’d be fluently bilingual today!)

2. Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa. My family and my Aunt’s family would all go over and open presents and have a BIG Turkey dinner. Grandma would have put together huge “care packages” for the four grandkids to open…I always remember the gum...and the ugly matching dresses for me and my sister.

3. The Christmas (1986?) we had a bad ice storm overnight; my dad went outside and cooked breakfast in our trailer. I remember how beautiful the trees looked encased in ice.

4. Carp Fair with my sister and my mother. We went on the spinning teacup ride and my mother puked all the way home.

5. Going up to Grandma and Grandpa’s trailer, during the summer. I remember the time I fell in the lake (pond?) and my dad had o rush in to rescue me.

6. The time my sister and a friend of ours decided to climb the pine tree in the back yard. I was the only one who was smart enough to put my hood up. I remember my mom trying to get pine gum out of my sister’s hair.

7. Moving out west the summer after grade 6. I was sad to say goodbye to all my friends, but we had a great road trip driving there. Wall Drug South Dakota was a particularly good time.

8. Spending summer with all the neighbourhood kids, our house became the central location

9. Moving back from out west, three years later, we were in a bad car accident, not a good memory, but an important one, I became an incomplete paraplegic.

10. Going to summer camp, all the friends I would make and having fun doing the arts and crafts, leading sing-alongs and performing skits.

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

oooohhh those are great memories!!!