CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Long overdue update and looking for vacation ideas...

Okay I know it’s been a long time, but I really didn’t want to post another post until I had something positive to say…but it’s been too long….so here we go!
On the fingerprints, no explanation from the RCMP…they never returned a single phone call. To be honest I’ve moved on. That is to say that I have accepted that someone screwed up and will never face up to it. But, at the same time, I can’t get mad since I need my fingerprints, so getting angry at this point won’t serve anyone.

The severance of the property still hasn’t been completed…now this makes me very angry, you see even if I wanted to I can’t pay for the adoption, until this gets finalized. You may or may not remember I mentioned this in a post last March (OMG!), well the problem in this saga is the sale is between my dh and myself and two really good friends (although I’m not sure how reliable). If it were up to me I would have thrown in to towel and done it ourselves, but my dh insists it’ll get done. You would not believe how I saw red when she asked me one day how the adoption was going. I told her it wasn’t as she hadn’t paid for the property. Yup, that made for a short conversation. A few weeks ago, she asked how we’d like the payment….we told her certified cheque, but I’m not holding my breath, I’ll believe it when the money is in my account.

On another topic, summer holidays are coming up and I had planned to go down to N.C., to visit the folks, but last night my father asked that we don’t come. He said it would be too hectic….now I haven’t got a clue what I’m going to do with the ten days I took off. Any ideas? We’ve haven’t taken a holiday, that wasn’t going to see my folks, since 2002 when we went on a cruise.

Other than that I’ve been quietly lurking, reading my favourite blogs, hoping for good news…

2 comments:

Jules and Danny said...

Adoption news does seem a bit more positive these days. On the holiday front, where are you traveling from? The east coast (p.e.i., cape breton) are wonderful spots to see! We are planning on heading down this summer in late July or early August! You should check it out online! Quebec has a lot of beautiful destinations too!

Leslie & Shaune said...

travel ideas... prince edward county... if you can find a nice bed and breakfast. i love it there and it is not a far drive for you. they have great boutiques in picton, bloomfield and wellington and the beach is nice too. if you like roughing it there is usually some campground spots right at the sandbanks provincial park.